How to Enable YouTube Dark Mode on Android
So, there hasn’t been any official news about it. Nothing. Zip. Nada. However, I had been hearing from users that the YouTube app now includes a dark mode option. Well, I checked just now and yes, it’s available!
In this tutorial, we’re going to go over how you can find out if you have dark mode already (you should) and if so, how you can activate it.
How to enable YouTube dark mode on Android (if you have it)
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the YouTube app installed. If you’re not sure, check it out in the Google Play store.
- Open the YouTube app for Android.
- Tap your avatar in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings and then General.
- The option to activate the dark theme should be second from the top.
- Toggle that puppy and go over to the dark side!
Oh, and before I forget, I have something else to pass on…
I’m also hearing that dark mode for WhatsApp is just around the corner. I can’t say for sure when it’s going to happen. However, I’ve been hearing that it’s definitely on its way.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful! What do you think of the new dark mode for YouTube? Is it easier on the eyes? Leave me a comment below!
Watch videos, trailers, and movies on your mobile device. Create playlists, like videos, save your favorites, and view any video in full screen. You can even share the videos with friends via email.