WhatsApp allows users to delete sent messages if they do it within 7 minutes of the time it was sent. However, did you know you can delete messages that are up to 5 days old? Yes, and that’s what I’m going to show you how to do today. The process is a bit involved, but not difficult. It involves fiddling with the date and the time.
How To Delete Old Messages On WhatsApp
What date and time did you send the message you want to delete?
Here’s how you find out that information:
- Tap and hold on the WhatsApp message until the button bar at the top is displayed. Now tap the little ‘i’ to find out when the message was sent.
- Enable flight mode. (You can easily do this by dragging the notification panel down from the top.).
- Close WhatsApp by going to Settings, searching for WhatsApp, and then select Force Stop.
- Now go back to Settings and select Date and Time. Disable automatic date and time which will allow you to manually set the date and the time.
- Set the time to one or two minutes after the message you want to delete.
- Return to WhatsApp, open the conversation, tap and hold on the message and then tap the trash icon to delete it.
- Turn flight mode off so that WhatsApp can send the correction to its servers. The message will be deleted on the recipient’s end.
- Go back to Settings and adjust the date and time settings.
WhatsApp is an Android communications app that allows users to send messages through a wireless network or over 3G. Chat, send videos, images and audio notes to contacts (including international numbers) at no additional cost. Customize the application and get notifications when someone sends you a message.